Structured interventions for Afghan women and young women
City of Women, humanitarian mission Afghanistan
THE FEMININE CONSULTATION OF MILAN (AIDIA MI, ADEI WIZO, AIDDA DEL.LOMBARDIA, AIDM MI, ANDE MI, ADGI MI, CIF MI, CPD MI, FIDAPA section.MI, LYONS CLUB MADONNINA, MOICA MI, SOROPTMIST CLUB MI ALLA SCALA, TUTTIPIUEDUCATI YWCA-UCDG ,ZONTA CLUB MI SANT'AMBROGIO ) UNISTS TO THE GENERAL STATES OF WOMEN AND WITH THE ALLIANCE OF WOMEN, given the emergency in Afghanistan and within the positive actions of the project City of Women to activate immediately the initiative Pink Helmets, with a twofold purpose:
- request to the UN for protection in the presence in Afghanistan, through the action "Pink Helmets"
- concrete activities of reception in Italy of young women, coming in collaboration with organizations and institutions responsible for the activation of humanitarian corridors, to allow them to complete their training and education in our schools, universities, training centers
Regarding the phase of proactive reception, the project proposes a structured appeal to the Mayors and Mayoresses of the Cities of Women to give their availability to the reception of young women to build their future of freedom and autonomy through a program of management of activities and control and guarantee of their well-being to be able to continue and start their training and life path, according to Protocols to be activated.
While waiting for the international organizational phase, many Mayors and Mayoresses have already voluntarily made proposals to host women and children. We therefore ask the Mayors and Mayoresses of the Cities of Women, ANCI, the National Association of Italian Municipalities, in the person of its President Antonio De Caro, ALI, Italian Local Authorities, in the person of its President Matteo Ricci, the Rectors of Italian Universities, through its organ - Conference of Rectors of Italian Universities CRUI - in the person of its President prof. Ferruccio Resta and of the CRUI Foundation, the operational arm as an interface between the university system and society, to the Provveditori agli studi, to the Prefectures of the hosting cities, to the Ministers and Ministers in address, each one for their own competence to adhere to the humanitarian proposal City of Women, humanitarian mission Afghanistan, whose Mayor of the City will be the responsible coordinator and SGD will operate as far as in their competence of movement for together within a Protocol of action:
1. to welcome young women to whom adequate board and lodging will be guaranteed. The number of women and the conditions of reception (apartments, university accommodation, other forms) will have to be specified, also in the case of young women with children.
2. Possibility of continuing or beginning studies (school or university) in the host city. It should be specified for each woman/teenager/child, according to age, the proposal for school placement with the school and/or university and after agreement with the University if in the same city, the educational institutions also through a general agreement with the Provveditorate or with individual principals;
3. possible possibility, after the training phase, of job placement.
It should be indicated for each unit of working age, the possibility of eventual employment (tasks, activities, time, pay/contribution in addition to room and board) with the employer and contractual conditions;
4. psychological and linguistic support.
The social and health support structures must be indicated, and reports on the status of people and their social integration must be provided to the Mayors and possibly also to the Prefects;
5. Prefects are asked to supervise and control the implementation of the humanitarian program of support for Afghan women.